- I started my first business at age 12 selling handmade Gossip Girl inspired headbands (straight off my head!) in Oakland Airport for $28.
- I am a classically trained singer and the only girl in the sorority house to get MacWorld instead of Vogue.
- When I was 29, I quit Corporate America (with a cush 6-figure salary, a matching 401K and a rent controlled apartment in San Francisco) and took a one-way flight to Indonesia with little to no money in my pocket.
- I traveled the world for two years with my laptop, consulting with startups all over Southeast Asia, Morocco and Europe.
- I speak often at Universities in the power of embracing your personal story and knowing your why, as I am a STRONG believer in transforming your adversity into greatness.
- I have a Big Greek Family. I ran the original Athens Marathon in 2010 and it was the most magical and painful experience.
The PR specific stuff, because that's why you're here...
I STARTED MY CAREER IN PR WORKING FOR SOME OF THE LARGEST GLOBAL PR FIRMS IN THE WORLD (FLEISHMAN HILLARD, ACCESS COMMUNICATIONS AND THE HORN GROUP) IN SAN FRANCISCO AND NEW YORK, WITH CLIENTS INCLUDING INTUIT, PAYPAL AND VISA
Over the last 14 years, I’ve had the good fortune of managing PR teams for some of the biggest brands in consumer technology and learning from some of the brightest minds in the industry.
I’ve placed companies everywhere from The New York Times to the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and TechCrunch, and put executives on the stages at CES and SXSW. But, after more than a decade in the corporate world, I decided my personal key to happiness was not going to be climbing the corporate ladder.
My experience with large brands allowed me the opportunity to start my own consultancy focused on early stage startups.
In 2014, I left San Francisco, CA to support the emerging tech startup scene in Santa Barbara, CA.
That same year, I whimsically applied to an entrepreneurship program in Southeast Asia for 20 entrepreneurs from all over the world. I was the only American PR professional chosen. Because Southeast Asia is a magical part of the world, I spent three months in the region traveling, consulting and working with international startups and venture capital firms, while simultaneously building my own venture with a whole new lens of the world..and myself.
Upon my return to the U.S. in 2016, I started my first venture - DialedPR
DialedPR was created with a certain design in mind — to be able to serve clients anywhere in the world, *from* anywhere in the world. Our contractor model covers every time zone, with clients in the U.S., Europe, South America and Southeast Asia, ranging from apps in the consumer tech, fashion space, to hardware and venture capital. Lots of successes, many failures and tons of learning led to a successful venture, but also an opportunity with LinkedIn.
In 2016, I was contacted by LinkedIn to create online PR courses for their newly acquired education division, LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com). It’s been an amazing experience to work with the LinkedIn production, content and video teams to create content for universities, employers and other PR professionals worldwide.
And now, I am proud to be building RemotePRJobs with my business partner Mike, helping serve the fast-growing remote workforce, and providing communications professionals with opportunities and jobs.