Does this sound familiar?
- Are you burnt out from the agency world or seeking more flexible hours?
- Do you know the craft inside and out, have clients ready to retain you but are hesitant to jump ship because you have no clue how to start on the business side?
- Are you unsure and questioning if you have enough experience?
Could you imagine...
- A successful firm with clients referring you to their friends?
- Working from home, on your own schedule, making the same salary that you did in Corporate America, if not more?
- A brand and company that you are proud of and that showcases the talents you have and the success you deserve?
- A solid business strategy that will allow you to work through the ebb and flow of the ever-changing market?
- A systematized and automated business that allows you to live the life you LOVE?
- Clients that you are happy to work with and that treat you with respect?
Are You Ready To Change Your Life?
Introducing, How To Build Your Own PR Practice
After years of working with global PR agencies and large publicly traded companies, I decided to build my own practice. It wasn’t always easy, I made a lot of mistakes, and I learned a lot. I’m here to teach you the most important things I learned along the way, that I wish somebody would have told me at the start.
Whether you have aspirations to be a solo PR consultant, create a small communications shop or build the next Edelman, these are the fundamentals of what you need to get started.
Let's Dig In
Whether you have aspirations to be a solo PR consultant, create a small communications shop, or build the next Edelman, after watching this course, you will learn everything you need to know on the business side of starting your own public relations practice.
- Things to Consider Before Leaving you Job
- The Mental Shift from Comms Pro to Business Owner
- Understanding Business Entities
- The very first things you should do
- Maintaining Work Life Balance
- Managing Stress as a business owner
- Defining you Brand
- Building your Website
- Establishing your social media
- Getting & Vetting Clients
- Defining Your Statement of Work & Contracts
- Onboarding your First Client
- Navigating client conflicts
- Hiring for Support
- Finding Resources and Community
- Billing your time and determining bill rate
- Investing in Invoicing Software
- Bank Accounts, Taxes and Fees Nobody Told You About
You can do this.
I will give you all the resources you need and the roadmap for success.
"How to build your own PR practice was so helpful to me as a solo PR consultant. The tips were impactful, the format made learning easy, and your encouragement and enthusiasm throughout each lesson gave me confidence in my success."
"I took your course on content marketing and it was very insightful. I am definitely going to be a better content marketer with the knowledge garnered."
"I found Andrea's course very helpful in starting my own business. The course offers a practical step-by-step guide on starting your own PR consultancy...After the course, Andrea offers a Zoom call to answer any questions and challenges that arise. Participants will also meet a community of fellow solo entrepreneurs with whom they can brainstorm ideas and support each other throughout the journey".
By the end of this course,
- Knowledge on how to build the business, from managing your own finances, fixing IT issues, hiring for support and more.
- A pulse on where your resources are, and where to find the right support. You’ll understand how to use your network to your advantage as well as how to grow and nurture it consistently to get business.
- You’ll have the confidence to make important decisions on your own
What You Get
This 22 lesson course is taught completely online so you can proceed through it at your own pace.
From hiring your very first client….to firing your first client, from learning how to invoice and getting paid on time, from how to incorporate your business to what you need to know about taxes, I talk about it all.
MY PR BUNDLE ($97 VALUE) THAT INCLUDES:
- PR Plan Template
- Messaging Document Template
- Press Release Template
- “How to Build a Media List” Template
- BONUS: Document on What Not to Say to a Reporter !
- BONUS: Tips on Press Release Distribution
DialedPR CEO & Founder of RemotePRJobs & LinkedIn Learning Author
She’s a published author and instructor for the leading online education site LinkedIn Learning, where she writes curriculum and delivers PR courses for entrepreneurs, businesses and universities worldwide.
She is the chief job connector at RemotePRJobs.com, the leading remote job site for PR and Communications professionals and acclaimed speaker.
What are you waiting for?
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm worried I don't have a large enough network.
How long will this course take?
I want to invest, but I still have my full time job and not sure I can commit. What should I do?
I’ve been freelancing for years, why do I need this?
"I enjoyed your LinkedIn course, '17 PR Mistakes to Avoid.' I straddle both worlds as an author, freelance journalist, and communications pro. Thanks to you, I'll be able to make better pitches."
"I just finished your LinkedIn Learning course and found it very interesting and practical. Thank you for sharing your industry knowledge."
"After learning so much from your LinkedIn learning videos, I will definitely signup for your newsletters. Being a connection, I am sure, will give me access to more of your pro tips."